Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Uh yeah...scratch that.

An earlier version of this post divulged WAY TOO MUCH information. LOL I promise not to hit you over the head with any more of my in-depth self-actualizations -_______-

When I was putting together my "30 by 30" list, I was in a weird place with someone I'd considered a close friend. So on my list, I added "Make another best friend" because at the time, I felt I was losing one. Fast forward a few months and I've realized--I don't need any more besties. LOL. Or at least, I'm not going to seek them out. Relationships are hard work! I have a few really close friends, but most of them live in different parts of the country, and it's hard to keep up with them all and check in and be that good friend. Friendships are emotional, and while they can bring joy, there are times when they bring pain.

Instead of looking for another friend, I'm putting that energy into the friendships that have proven true for years, and it's been WONDERFUL! I feel like I'm rediscovering the people that have always been there for me, some of them for over half my life! I want to spend my time showing them how much I appreciate the fact that they've been good friends and have always acted unselfishly. They've been supportive. Most of all, they've been honest and open. My friends have shared the best of times and worst of times with me, and they've trusted me enough to be transparent. I will always love them for that.

Alright so enough of the sap -____-


I've decided to add "Make 30 new meals" to my list. I am so tired of cooking the same things over and over again. Part of that is because I grew up Adventist, so I don't eat pork, most seafood, or anything that doesn't chew it's cud AND have cloven hooves (yes, those are real guidelines. Read Leviticus...it'll make you appreciate Christ for putting us under grace and NOT under the law). I rarely cook red meat because I won't buy it unless it's organic, and honestly, I've gotten comfortable with spaghetti and texas toast for dinner.

No more! Now that Q has moved closer, I'm excited that I actually get to cook for him when he comes to visit. It'll be fun to choose new recipes and share them with him and with my friends in the area. I foresee a lot of potlucks...and a chubby boyfriend =)


Little Miss Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment