Friday, February 3, 2012

Top Five Regrets of the Dying


Turning 30 is nothing like dying, but these top five regrets made me really think about the way I live my life. What if I did die at 30? Or tomorrow? Would I have these same regrets?

1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

2. I wish I hadn't worked so hard.

3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.

4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
Source

I can say that #3 and #5 would probably be the ones I'd have. Sometimes it's hard to truly express how I feel to people I love...I don't want to hurt them! And I don't always choose happiness. Sometimes I purposely stay upset...there's a weird sort of self-pitycomfort in being upset "for a reason."

This was an interesting exercise. You only live once!!! Why waste the time doing things you'll regret? You CANNOT get that lost time back. My brothers and I decided to live 2012 without regret, and I intend to do so from now until I'm 30...and hopefully for many years after that =)

Little Miss Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment