Monday, February 27, 2012

Barbeque beef ribs - Take 1

This recipe wasn't entirely a fail, but it didn't come out the way I wanted it to. I bought some beef back ribs at Walmart, and they didn't really have a lot of meat on them, but i figured that's just how they were supposed to be. Of course I was wrong.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

I coated the "ribs" with Worcestershire sauce to tenderize the meat and get the seasoning to stick. I seasoned with salt, pepper, minced garlic and scallions. I baked the ribs with barbeque sauce at about 300 and kept it in the oven for just under an hour to ensure the meat stayed tender.

Photobucket Photobucket

It tasted really good. I enjoyed it a lot. There just wasn't enough of it! I made six pieces, but there was BARELY any meat on the bones! Q and I could only laugh. LOL we were definitely still hungry after eating dinner. Then I called my brother to tell him what happened, (he is a beef ribs junkie) and he told me that I should have gotten the ribs on the rack! Of course! All in all, it was a pretty entertaining experience. I'm excited about using the right cut of meat and actually feeling FULL the next time I use this recipe...

Little Miss Knight

2 comments:

  1. It looks delicious! Ribs are also extremely tender when cooked in a slow cooker! It takes longer, but of course you can leave it and go!

    http://allthingsmeee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! They'd probably be amazing in a slow cooker. I wonder if I have enough space in my kitchen for another appliance.

      Delete